Love is in the Air! ~~“My Most Memorable Valentine’s Day” Featuring local Houston celebrities Cindi & Dr. Franklin Rose and more in this months issue of Houston Lifestyles & Homes Magazine read the story here: http://houstonlifestyles.com/?p=6030
When it comes to Cupid’s arrow, sometimes his aim is hit or miss. Some of Houston’s most recognizable sweethearts share their most memorable Valentine’s Day stories that are sure to warm your heart.
Houston Silhouette artist CINDI ROSE, co-founder (with her husband celebrity plastic surgeon Dr. Franklin Rose) of the Rose Ribbon Foundation. Their organization provides free reconstructive surgery to post-cancer patients who are not able to afford health insurance. This couple’s Valentine’s memory is as unique and special as their charitable work.
“My best Valentine’s memory was when my husband and I got engaged in Aspen 30 years ago, and it was also my worst. We were en route by plane to visit his mom and dad, and he asked me to marry him before he asked them. His father was thrilled, and so was his sister, who said, “I will gain a wonderful sister-in-law.” Then, my (future) mother-in-law said, “Weddings are funerals, so I will wear a black dress.” I ran into a guest room and cried. Seven years later, after we had married, we separated and then divorced. Then, again, on a Valentine’s Day, he asked me once again to marry him! We ran to Vegas, and had so much fun getting married there, just the two of us. We have been married now over 14 more years. I must say, I now love my mother-in-law and she loves me. She was afraid of losing her baby boy, and in her mind, our wedding was a death. I can also say that love is better the second time around, and lucky me, to the same wonderful person, who is father of our only two children, Erica Rose 28, and Ben Harwood Rose, 26.
My funniest Valentine was when I was divorced, and wanted my children, who were then 4 and 6, to be with me on Valentine’s Day. I was 36, but found someone 10 years younger, who was like a kid himself. We went to AstroWorld, and rode the rides with my children, and some of their friends. My children thought this is what you do on Valentine’s Day — go to an amusement park, eat junk and ride rides. One of their friends ate too much candy, threw up while on the roller coaster and it splattered all over into the air.”
Please FollowFollow @@adorcharm
Please FollowFollow @@houstonsocial
- Silhouette Artist Cindi Rose is Ciao Bella Magazine Cover Girl
- Renowned Silhouette Artist Cindi Rose Cuts Profiles to Benefit Philippine Relief Efforts
- Scruples Boutique Features Premier Silhouette Artist Cindi
- Web Developers in the Spotlight: The Problems With the ACA Healthcare Websites
- Why I think Google’s Decision Regarding Keyword Data Removal From Analytics is a Good Thing
- ador on Cancelled My Sprint Account After 14 Years
- Danielle on Cancelled My Sprint Account After 14 Years
- Danielle on School Silhouette Artist Cindi Fund-raiser Saves the Day
- ador on School Silhouette Artist Cindi Fund-raiser Saves the Day
- ador on Dr. Franklin Rose gives Former ‘Bachelor’ Contestant Vienna Girardi the Nose She has Wanted All her Life!
TagsCindi Harwood Rose Cindi Rose Cindi Rose silhouettes for survivors Dr. Franklin Rose Erica Rose fastest fundraising event greatest museum-quality paper profile portraits premier silhouette artists Rose Ribbon Foundation silhouette artist silhouette artists silhouettes by Cindi Victorian silhouettes