In a world of clones, copycats, and rip-offs British singer Amy Winehouse stood out as a truly original artist. Amy marched to the beat of her own drummer challenging the music industry and changing pop music in the process . I am so sad that she is gone but I know she will find peace now that she never found in her time here with us. I also believe Amys’ music will stand the test of time with new poeple discovering and enjoying her unique talents in the years to come.
Amy Jade Winehouse (born September 14, 1983) is an English 5-time Grammy Award-winning jazz/soul singer and songwriter. Her debut album, Frank (released in 2003) was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize and she won an Ivor Novello award in 2004 for her debut single Stronger Than Me. In 2006, she released her second album, Back To Black. In February 2007, she won a Brit award for Best British Female Solo Artist. In 2007 Back to Black reached #6 on the Billboard 200 Album chart in the US, selling over 51000 copies in its first week. Back to Black has now entered the top ten biggest selling albums of the 21st century, selling over 2.5 million copies in the UK since its release.
In February 2008, Amy Winehouse won five out of the six Grammy nominations: Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for Rehab, Best New Artist and Best Pop Vocal Album for Back To Black, just missing the victory for Best Album Of The Year, that was won by Herbie Hancock’s River: The Joni Letters.
She performed “You Know I’m No Good” and “Rehab” at the awards ceremony via satellite due to the fact that she was initially denied an entry visa into the United States and was uncertain if she would be able to clear up the issues before the show. While Winehouse was granted a visa, she remained in London for her performance and acceptance of her Grammy for Record of the Year for Rehab.”
Please FollowFollow @@adorcharm
Please FollowFollow @@houstonsocial
- Silhouette Artist Cindi Rose is Ciao Bella Magazine Cover Girl
- Renowned Silhouette Artist Cindi Rose Cuts Profiles to Benefit Philippine Relief Efforts
- Scruples Boutique Features Premier Silhouette Artist Cindi
- Web Developers in the Spotlight: The Problems With the ACA Healthcare Websites
- Why I think Google’s Decision Regarding Keyword Data Removal From Analytics is a Good Thing
- ador on Cancelled My Sprint Account After 14 Years
- Danielle on Cancelled My Sprint Account After 14 Years
- Danielle on School Silhouette Artist Cindi Fund-raiser Saves the Day
- ador on School Silhouette Artist Cindi Fund-raiser Saves the Day
- ador on Dr. Franklin Rose gives Former ‘Bachelor’ Contestant Vienna Girardi the Nose She has Wanted All her Life!
TagsCindi Harwood Rose Cindi Rose Cindi Rose silhouettes for survivors Dr. Franklin Rose Erica Rose fastest fundraising event greatest museum-quality paper profile portraits premier silhouette artists Rose Ribbon Foundation silhouette artist silhouette artists silhouettes by Cindi Victorian silhouettes