Thanksgiving comes early this year! In just a few days we will gather again with our families and friends and celebrate our good fortune. I am looking forward to seeing my Mother and Sister and catching up with them and their activities. They do not live that far away but our lives keep us busy [...]
Thanksgiving comes early this year! In just a few days we will gather again with our families and friends and celebrate our good fortune. I am looking forward to seeing my Mother and Sister and catching up with them and their activities. They do not live that far away but our lives keep us busy and we do not see each other as much as we did when we were all younger.
I have had a harder time lately. The economy has hit me pretty hard and I do not have as much work as I used too it seems. I have also been single for over 3 years.
With these things on my mind I still find a lot to be thankful for. I have made a lot of changes in my lifestyle that are making me healthier and hopefully a little bit smarter. This has improved my mood and increased my energies. The time by myself has allowed me to grow and I feel like I have matured a great deal.
I read a lot more now and I have found some time to cook. I am an avid reader of history, especially the history of our country. It is utterly fascinating. Thanksgiving is a major part of our history. In 1620 the first settlers the pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock The Samoset Indians helped the settlers survive. They taught them how to plant corn and to live here in the new world.
Being alone I have found a lot of comfort with my friends. That is one area I am really blessed. Somehow I have managed to acquire some outstanding friends many of which I have known for over 20 years. All the while I was evolving my friends have evolved too!
I also have my Daughter who is raising her own family now. She is really something I am thankful for and also for my granddaughter.
Having long lasting and enduring friendships is truly a blessing and one I am grateful and very thankful for!
Enjoy your Thanksgiving and thank you for reading.
Top 10 List – Ten Reasons Why You Should Have a Tubal Reversal (TR) Surgery
by Dr. Bernard Rosenfeld, MD
Each year, more than 700,000 women undergo a tubal ligation in the United States. More women than you might think who have had tubal ligation surgery [...]
Top 10 List – Ten Reasons Why You Should Have a Tubal Reversal (TR) Surgery
by Dr. Bernard Rosenfeld, MD
Each year, more than 700,000 women undergo a tubal ligation in the United States. More women than you might think who have had tubal ligation surgery in their 20′s later regret that decision. This surgery was once considered permanent, but thanks to advances in modern medicine, today many women are able to have this reversed and conceive again through microscopic tubal reversal. The decision to have a tubal ligation reversal surgery is a wise one when you approach it with good reasoning and a healthy attitude! Here are some important things to consider:
1. He’s the BEST at what he does - Microscopic tubal reversal surgery has been called the ultimate in microsurgical procedures and is indeed one of the most challenging surgeries in medicine. Internationally Renowned Tubal Reversal Specialist Dr. Bernard Rosenfeld in Houston, Texas has over 30 years of experience and is widely known to be the best at performing tubal reversal with THOUSANDS of successful pregnancies, so you know you will be in good hands.
2. Tubal Ligation Reversal has many advantages over IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) - IVF often costs over $15,000 per cycle, and multiple cycles may be required for a single pregnancy, while Tubal Ligation Reversal is an extremely effective technique and costs much less at $6400 ($6000 without the ON-Q PainBuster) when performed by Dr. Rosenfeld. Also, with a tubal reversal procedure, you will have the ability to have MULTIPLE PREGNANCIES, and many of our patients do! If after reviewing your tubal sterilization medical records Dr. Rosenfeld feels that you would have a higher success rate with IVF over tubal reversal, he will recommend the best IVF center in your area. We will be 100% honest with you, because our goal is for you to have a baby.
3. There are virtually NO RISKS or side effects! Tubal reversal surgery is safe, effective, and risk free & there are no proven side effects if you already possess good reproductive health. Certain factors like age limit, length of tubes and sperm count are considered before suggesting tubal ligation reversal surgery. Although untying your tubes can be said to be risk free, the aforementioned factors will determine your range of risks, side effects, and success after completion of the procedure.
4. You want to keep it real - tubal ligation reversal surgery gives you the ability to conceive naturally and normally, without the need for multiple visits to the doctor after your procedure is completed. You will be able to conceive your baby naturally through sexual intercourse within a few months after surgery!
5. Pain free technique - You will be home within 4 hours after surgery, and if you choose to have our ON-Q PainBuster, you will experience little to NO PAIN. Dr. Rosenfeld is the only tubal ligation reversal specialist in Houston who offers the ON-Q PainBuster, a pain-relieving system that provides continuous delivery of local anesthetic that is only offered at elite medical facilities.
6. It’s Affordable - Tubal reversal costs less than you might think! However, be sure that there are no hidden fees added because of your weight or other circumstances. Our all-inclusive fee of $6400 ($6000 without the On-Q PainBuster) includes all aspects of the tubal reversal procedure and postoperative care. It also includes any other procedure needed for best results (removal of fibroids or ovarian cysts). This price includes all hospital charges, anesthesia, operating room, recovery room, physician surgical assistant, ultrasound, take home medicines, and pre and post-operative visits.
7. Increased chances of pregnancy - Our use of Ultra-fine 10-0 sutures promotes rapid healing and contributes to higher successful tubal reversal outcomes. Other doctors claim a 70% success rate and higher, but what they often don’t tell you is their high rate of tubal or ectopic pregnancies. Dr. Rosenfeld uses Ultra-fine 10-0 sutures, like the ones used in delicate eye surgeries, and state-of-the-art adhesion prevention barriers, greatly reducing trauma to your body and the risk of adhesion to the Fallopian tubes. These techniques promote rapid healing and contribute to very best success for tubal ligation reversal – with a success rate of 80% successful pregnancies [BABIES!] for his patients along with giving them the ability to have many subsequent pregnancies.
8. Rapid healing – with virtually no visible scarring! You will be able to quickly resume activity and begin strengthening following the procedure, prompting a quicker healing and a more rapid recovery should you choose to have our ON-Q PainBuster. The incision is about 3 inches located at the hair line so it is virtually undetectable – and is closed using a plastic surgery technique and sutures, resulting in minimal scarring.
9. Attention to details- Look for a surgeon who schedules no more than one or two procedures per day. You’ll want a surgeon who doesn’t rush through surgery because there are multiple surgeries scheduled. Dr. Rosenfeld will do everything possible to find any additional gynecological problems such as fibroids, polyps or other abnormal conditions which can be corrected during surgery. A thorough ultrasound before surgery and a hysteroscopy during surgery are typically used. Any existing problems observed during the tubal reversal surgery will be treated during your surgery- greatly reducing the chances of your needing any additional surgeries before being able to conceive.
10. Thousands of happy moms! This is the most important item on this list. Because Dr. Rosenfeld’s patients are SO pleased, they are happy to talk with you about their experiences! Visit our testimonials page on our website to see tons of letters and BABY PHOTOS from pleased moms and dads. We encourage you to contact our patients via email and hear for yourself why they are so happy with their outcomes!
Dr. Bernard Rosenfeld and his staff are available 8am-9pm CST to answer tubal reversal questions and address any concerns you may have. Either send a message through email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 866-790-0095 for a complimentary consultation.
Love is in the Air! ~~“My Most Memorable Valentine’s Day” Featuring local Houston celebrities Cindi & Dr. Franklin Rose and more in this months issue of Houston Lifestyles & Homes Magazine read the story here: http://houstonlifestyles.com/?p=6030
When it comes to Cupid’s arrow, sometimes his aim is hit or miss. Some of Houston’s most recognizable sweethearts share their most memorable Valentine’s Day stories that are sure to warm your heart.
Houston Silhouette artist CINDI ROSE, co-founder (with her husband celebrity plastic surgeon Dr. Franklin Rose) of the Rose Ribbon Foundation. Their organization provides free reconstructive surgery to post-cancer patients who are not able to afford health insurance. This couple’s Valentine’s memory is as unique and special as their charitable work.
“My best Valentine’s memory was when my husband and I got engaged in Aspen 30 years ago, and it was also my worst. We were en route by plane to visit his mom and dad, and he asked me to marry him before he asked them. His father was thrilled, and so was his sister, who said, “I will gain a wonderful sister-in-law.” Then, my (future) mother-in-law said, “Weddings are funerals, so I will wear a black dress.” I ran into a guest room and cried. Seven years later, after we had married, we separated and then divorced. Then, again, on a Valentine’s Day, he asked me once again to marry him! We ran to Vegas, and had so much fun getting married there, just the two of us. We have been married now over 14 more years. I must say, I now love my mother-in-law and she loves me. She was afraid of losing her baby boy, and in her mind, our wedding was a death. I can also say that love is better the second time around, and lucky me, to the same wonderful person, who is father of our only two children, Erica Rose 28, and Ben Harwood Rose, 26.
My funniest Valentine was when I was divorced, and wanted my children, who were then 4 and 6, to be with me on Valentine’s Day. I was 36, but found someone 10 years younger, who was like a kid himself. We went to AstroWorld, and rode the rides with my children, and some of their friends. My children thought this is what you do on Valentine’s Day — go to an amusement park, eat junk and ride rides. One of their friends ate too much candy, threw up while on the roller coaster and it splattered all over into the air.”
Please FollowFollow @@adorcharm
Please FollowFollow @@houstonsocial
- ador on Cancelled My Sprint Account After 14 Years
- Danielle on Cancelled My Sprint Account After 14 Years
- Danielle on School Silhouette Artist Cindi Fund-raiser Saves the Day
- ador on School Silhouette Artist Cindi Fund-raiser Saves the Day
- ador on Dr. Franklin Rose gives Former ‘Bachelor’ Contestant Vienna Girardi the Nose She has Wanted All her Life!
TagsCindi Harwood Rose Cindi Rose Cindi Rose silhouettes for survivors Dr. Franklin Rose Erica Rose fastest fundraising event greatest museum-quality paper profile portraits premier silhouette artists Rose Ribbon Foundation silhouette artist silhouette artists silhouettes by Cindi Victorian silhouettes